- Avoid GMO’s (Genetically Modified Organisms)
- Walk Outside For 20 Minutes A Day
- Take Vitamin C
There is never a better time than now to try and boost your immune function decreasing your likeliness of infection. Sometimes, the most obvious things can be so easy that for some reason we resist, but when it comes down to it, the effort was minimal in the long run and the results were well worth the amount of effort exerted. It’s kind of like when you have something to do that you put so much energy into avoiding and dreading that the amount of time it required to complete was minuscule in relation to the energy devoted to procrastinating it. So, let’s investigate how easy it would be to get healthier…
- Avoiding GMO’s~ Why avoid GMO’s? Briefly, Genetically Modified Organisms can cause inflammation. In some circles, it is recognized that inflammation is the root of all disease. Avoiding inflammation means avoiding pain, foremost as we all know how painful inflammation can be. But chronic inflammation can actually lead to cancer down the road as well as many other conditions. GMO’s have also been linked to Leaky Gut Syndrome. Eating organic or at least non GMO foods can allow our bodies a rest from inflammation and the discomfort associated with it. Removing inflammation promoting foods from our diet allows our immune system to function at its most optimal state. Buy from a local farmer, go organic, visit your local farmers market, when at the grocery store only buy items displaying the Non GMO verified butterfly or Organic verifications.
- Walk For 20 Minutes A Day Outside~ full spectrum light is essential for good health. Go for a walk, do yoga, kayak, whatever you enjoy. Being outside under full spectrum light not only is known to improve mood and boost energy levels, but also stimulates the pineal gland. Being the gland that produces melatonin, this regular daily walk can also improve sleep. We all know what can happen when we are not functioning on enough sleep- anything! Getting enough rest; restorative sleep, not drug induced is imperative to proper immune function.
This can also prevent Vitamin D deficiency as well as prevent and treat Seasonal Affective Disorder. In 2002, a well respected medical journal, the Lancet, documented a study in which serotonin levels in blood were measured and confirmed that the duration of sunlight is directly related to the production of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is associated with mood elevation. All of this points to increased immunity.
- Take Vitamin C~ an essential nutrient used by the body for healthy immune function, a vitamin C deficiency takes a serious toll on the immune system’s functioning. While encouraging the bodies production of white blood cells, it is lessening the likelihood of infection. Being an antioxidant, it neutralizes free radicals, assists in the repair of damaged cells and tissue. Free radicals harm healthy cells promoting what is known as oxidative stress among many other damaging effects. Inflammation is one. Remember what we said about inflammation?
Also utilized by the body to absorb iron properly. Adding Vitamin C rich foods to your diet and or adding an organic full vitamin C complex vitamin such as New Chapters Vitamin C Complex is an excellent addition to any protocol prescribed for healthy immune function.
Here we have explored 3 easy, painless ways to protect ourselves from infection and promote as well as increase healthy immune function. If our immune systems are functioning properly, we are more likely to be healthy and happy. And what an almost effortless way to do it?
Sending green healing energy from the North East Kingdom 🌿❤️